Pro-Concepts, LLC is a Department of Veterans Affairs Certified SDVOSB
We specialize in advancing concepts in Enterprise Risk Management, Program Management, Systems Engineering and Independent Assessments.
Pro-Concepts professionals work hand in hand with our clients to provide the right services and products at the right time to achieve their business objectives and goals. Our proven management and technical expertise provides the foundation for our worldwide recognized risk management applications “Risk Radar Enterprise”
Our clients are responsible for the acquisition, development, integration, and migrating of complex programs and systems. We provide government and commercial organizations with professional consulting and support services that are based on proven best practices to help them achieve their short- and long-term business objectives.
We distinguish ourselves from the competition by:
- Offering standardized, responsive and streamlined approaches to Enterprise Risk Management tasking and support with predictability and while minimizing cost
- Providing industry leading, one of a kind ISO 9001:2015 Based Risk Assessment Process that ensure quality, repeatability and credibility of results
- Staffing with highly experienced, dedicated and skilled domain subject matter experts that provide immediate value added, top-notch results and low risk to our clients
- Capitalizing on repeatable and cost-effective processes and procedures for Enterprise Risk Management
- Leveraging an impressive range of core capabilities that enable us to respond to a variety of customer needs in the most time timely and cost-effective manner
- Guiding our activities based on our established methodologies, processes and procedures that have been proven time and again in a variety of Federal, Department of Defense and commercial programs
We provide unbiased evaluation and recommendations to reduce the uncertainties a leader or team faces in meeting their business objectives. And, we provide our services with unquestionable integrity and ethics.
- Turn-Key Risk Management Services
- Enterprise, Program & Project Level Assessments
- Risk Policy, Plan & Process Development
- Risk Management Training
- Risk Radar Enterprise Implementation Training
- Risk Review Board Support
- RFP Support & Proposal Review Teams
- Mentoring, Consulting and Staff Augmentation
- Program Management Support
- Independent Verification & Validation
- Departments of the Navy, Army and Air Force
- State and Federal Departments and Agencies
- Aerospace Industry
- Power Generation & Utilities Industry
- Health Care Industry
- Federal Banking
- Hospitality Industry
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers and
- Transportation Sectors & Railway infrastructure companies
President Shawn O’Rourke
has been a leader in systems evaluations as a Naval Officer and an entrepreneur for over three decades.
As a vice president at American Systems, he was directly responsible for the development of a risk management application known as Risk Radar Enterprise.
Risk Radar was developed based on 15 years of experience in providing program and risk management services and products to U.S. Government, Defense Department and commercial clients.
American Systems ceded full rights of the software to O’Rourke in 2011, when he founded Pro-Concepts, with Risk Radar Enterprise serving as its flagship product.
Vice President, Product Development
John brings 30 years of experience in software engineering to Pro-Concepts and the Risk Radar® Enterprise solutions suite. He is responsible for directing the complete lifecycle of product development at Pro-Concepts. Under his direction, all aspects of product engineering, testing, and distribution are planned and executed. In addition, he collaborates with the CEO and client “super users” to capture next generation requirements to continuously evolve Risk Radar® Enterprise. His leadership has been essential to the growth of the product suite as it continues to rise-up to meet the needs of customers, serving as the critical tool that provides commercial and government organizations with outstanding visibility into their program’s path to success.
Prior to joining Pro-Concepts in 2012, John developed his expertise through a broad spectrum of software engineering roles. He has created a variety of software, database, and web solutions for Department of Defense and commercial clients. He also worked at the fore-front of internet technologies creating cutting-edge approaches to web-based HR recruiting and career development. John also created and implemented the International Baccalaureate (IB) Computer Science curriculum for a public school system where he taught and launched computer science students into successful careers with organizations such as Microsoft, Oracle and Amazon.
John and his wife have been married for 25 years and have two sons. He is active in directing the men’s ministry at his church and is a leader in Chrysalis, a local Christian youth organization. As an avid football fan, on most Saturdays he is cheering on his alma mater Virginia Tech, or tracking his fantasy football player’s performance on Sunday afternoons.
In addition to his extensive background in software product engineering, John holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from Virginia Tech University, as well as a Master of Science in Education from Old Dominion University.